What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Problem

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All of a sudden my Safari screen at the top where the favorites etc are at has turned a dark Charcoal. I did nothing and have had iPads for years so not a newbe. I did a reset of everything saving data etc option. Still no difference. Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of a sudden my Safari screen at the top where the favorites etc are at has turned a dark Charcoal. I did nothing and have had iPads for years so not a newbe. I did a reset of everything saving data etc option. Still no difference. Any ideas?

Could you have put it into "Private" mode?

To check, put the cursor into the URL bar so you get the keyboard. At the top of the keyboard, on the left, you'll see the word "Private." Tap it and see if your Safari turns back to the light gray.

Hopefully, that's it. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you have put it into "Private" mode?

To check, put the cursor into the URL bar so you get the keyboard. At the top of the keyboard, on the left, you'll see the word "Private." Tap it and see if your Safari turns back to the light gray.

Hopefully, that's it. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

That was it. How stupid of me to forget that as my buddy at work had the same type of problem at work last week. I guess with the power outages, ice storms and 18" of snow I think my brain fried too. Thanks for the help. This is a great site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .To check, put the cursor into the URL bar so you get the keyboard. At the top of the keyboard, on the left, you'll see the word "Private." Tap it and see if your Safari turns back to the light gray. . .

Marilyn

Nice. I was opening new tabs with the + icon to change modes; the Private button appears at the bottom left of an empty tab. I had not noticed it on the URL keyboard. :)

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was it. How stupid of me to forget that as my buddy at work had the same type of problem at work last week. I guess with the power outages, ice storms and 18" of snow I think my brain fried too. Thanks for the help. This is a great site.

Huh, I think you meant your brain was frozen - not fried! ;) :D

Regardless, glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts