What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Safari problem] impossible to clear history

Pubhug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari decided overnight to not allow me to clear my history. The clear button appears in grey.
I can't either go on private navigation. This one completely disappeared

Tried rest with home+Power button... Nothing....

What should I do ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Pubhug! Welcome to iPF!

If Safari looks like this

image-2881468065.jpg

when you open it, you're in Private Mode. To change this, open a new tab, and at the bottom you'll find "Private" in a blue rectangle. Tap it and see if you can clear your browsing history in Safari now.
Hope that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is what happens if you restrict website content in Settings > General > Restrictions. Privacy mode and the ability to clear history will be disabled.

If you set the restriction passcode, be sure to store it somewhere safe. Recovering from a lost passcode is not trivial.

OP
P

Pubhug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what happens if you restrict website content in Settings > General > Restrictions. Privacy mode and the ability to clear history will be disabled.

If you set the restriction passcode, be sure to store it somewhere safe. Recovering from a lost passcode is not trivial.

Took me 10 seconds to fix the problem. You rock !!
Happy new year !

Most reactions