What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Notification Error

riosfernando

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to open a webpage in my iPad 2 and in Safari appears a Notification and read " Moderator edit, "Due a third party application in your phone, iOS is crashed Contact Support for Immediate Fix Moderator edit And ask to hit OK.

Does any one knows if this is real or scam?

I don not even dare to hit the OK. I can not open any other Safari window, tab or .

Thank you

Fernando Rios

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is a scam. No legitimate support service will ever contact you this way. Apple certainly won't.

If the tab can't be closed here are a couple of things you can try. Which, if either, works depends on exactly how the scammer set things up.

1. Go to Settings and turn on Airport mode (or turn off Wi-Fi if it is a Wi-Fi only iPad. Now open Safari. It should be possible to close the tab.

2. Go to Settings > Safari and clear history and website data. Now restart or reset the iPad. Try opening Safari again. Hopefully all the tabs are gone.

Restart: Hold down the power button until you get the Off Slider. Slide off, wait until the iPad finishes shutting down, then hold down the power button for 3 seconds to start.

Reset: Hold down both the power and home button until you see the Apple logo. The iPad will restart on it's own.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If iOS had truly crashed you wouldn't have been able to see safari, therefore you wouldn't have seen that error message. The fact that the message was a complete lie should've been a giveaway.

OP
riosfernando

riosfernando

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a scam. No legitimate support service will ever contact you this way. Apple certainly won't.

If the tab can't be closed here are a couple of things you can try. Which, if either, works depends on exactly how the scammer set things up.

1. Go to Settings and turn on Airport mode (or turn off Wi-Fi if it is a Wi-Fi only iPad. Now open Safari. It should be possible to close the tab.

2. Go to Settings > Safari and clear history and website data. Now restart or reset the iPad. Try opening Safari again. Hopefully all the tabs are gone.

Restart: Hold down the power button until you get the Off Slider. Slide off, wait until the iPad finishes shutting down, then hold down the power button for 3 seconds to start.

Reset: Hold down both the power and home button until you see the Apple logo. The iPad will restart on it's own.

Thank you, twerppoet

Your second recommendation do the trick. I did the 1st step but it didn't work.

Thank you very much.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi riosfernando, always good to see a problem resolved by our knowledgable members.
Just a bit of housekeeping, however....o_O
Your similar post recording the same issue some 40 minutes later has been removed: we ask that you do not duplicate posts as that fragments a conversation leading to possible confusion. It is also against our rules (see link to forum rules below and note Rule 3 re duplication and bumping of posts)
Furthermore, I've edited out external links/phone numbers from your recent posts about your problem as they are considered not useful in the context of posting in this forum.
Enjoy the forum and of course don't hesitate to seek assistance on any further concerns you may have:)
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts