What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari - Lost all my directories and bookmarks

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't like the new Safari and the book marks and disappearing title bar. Went to Chrome. They have the disappearing title bar But it and the book marks are a lot easier to deal with for me. iOS won't let you make it default, but a cut and paste on links works around that.
Another plus is the bookmarks follow me from Chrome on my Windows laptop.

OP
caledonia

caledonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had been using Chrome since I got my iPad Air as had it on my PC before. I had menus set-up in Safari which are gone with iOS8 so probably just use Chrome only now. Not a good start to iOS8.

Thanks for feedback.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm just throwing a guess here.

iOS 8 introduced iCloud Drive. After updating iOS 8, my keyboard shortcuts had disappeared, but only till I didn't upgrade to iCloud Drive. After upgrading, all shortcuts reappeared. Again, this might be the possible solution and I am not sure.

CAUTION : In case you are upgrading to iCloud Drive, keep in mind that iCloud is NOT compatible with iCloud Drive. Your data stored on iCloud on one device cannot sync with a device which has data stored on iCloud Drive and vice-versa.

Also, in case you own a mac, you have to have OS X Yosemite to access data stored on iCloud Drive.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a Mac, you shouldn't enable iCloud Drive on your iPad, because iCloud Drive isn't compatible with the current Yosemite version.

OP
caledonia

caledonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback. Out of my depth here. I never had anything on iCloud so I have just set iCloud Drive (under Storage) to On and its now been upgraded. When I set Safari (under Storage) on I now have my old directories with bookmarks showing in Safari now. Thanks again.

Regards
John
a bit gutted Scotland did not vote for independence (due to seniors and English born residents)

Most reactions