What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari locking up in IOS 4.2.1

Ipad40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but since upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 has anyone else experienced problems with safari locking up and the only way to get it back is resetting iPad?

spawnman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I've seen with Safari since updating to 4.2.1 is that sometimes I only see 1/4 of the top of the screen. Also notice it when I click on the new page button, cut's off all but the top 1/4 of the page. A reset seems to fix it for awhile.

limey-g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this problem also, I used to love my iPad but since the upgrade I class my iPad as a Piece of junk
Geoff

PapPap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari locking up

I have had this same problem for the last week on both my iPad and my wife's iPad. A hard shutdown resolves the problem for awhile, but it does reappear. I have purchased a third unit as a Christmas gift for my daughter-in-law and am hoping that the problem is resolved with the factory installed OS.

spawnman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this past weekend, I backed up both iPads, and did a full restore. Also I had purchased a new Netgear router awhile back. I also installed that. Well everything is working great now! Went through the whole weekend with zero issues with either iPad. Is connected to the network right away, and no half screens in Safari. So I'm not sure if it was the new router or the restore or both, but they are working like they did with 3.2.

limey-g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my Dns to one suggestion on the forum and at the moment things have improved quite a bit. Let's see how it goes.
Geoff

Most reactions

Latest posts