What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Keeps Getting Stuck

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the past few days, Safari repeatedly gets about 25% of the way into loading a page and gets stuck. No problems with the same page in Windows or Android browsers or even Firefox on the iPad. Am I alone is is this a common, unwelcome problem? Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have this problem, just a suggestion: did you try to reset your iPad (Home and Power button ...) when this occurs?

There's something else that I found that might help:
As soon as Safari gets stuck, press the Power button until your see "Slide to power off". Release it and press the Home button for a few seconds (5 - 10 perhaps). Either you'll end on your homescreen or in Safari itself. If you're on your homescreen, open Safari again. It should load the site quickly now.

Hope that helps.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Resetting the iPad serms to hqve fixed the problem, thanks. Safar seems to be generally faster now. Perhaps it was an "out of memory" issue.

Pamj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari is dark and will not allow me to open linls...all of my email is stuck.

Safari is dark and will not allow me to open links...all of my email is stuck.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari is dark and will not allow me to open links...all of my email is stuck.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I suppose Safari is in Private mode. To change this, tap the address/search bar. You'll find "Private" on your keyboard:

image-2274530141.jpg

Tap it, then Safari should end Private browsing.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts