What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari is blank reboot doesn't work

rondamc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've esteem posts for several rebooting suggestions but safari still comes up blank. what now. Thanks much

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rondamc:

I saw in your other post (that I deleted because it was a duplicate of the one here) that you mentioned that when you open Safari, you get only a blank page.

Now, it's time for me to ask a stupid question: Are all the top lines there, such as the address bar and icons? Is it just that it shows nothing in the main screen. I ask because, sometimes, if you've closed out all the pages in Safari, or are opening it for the first time, you will get a blank screen. The top lines will be there, so you can enter a web site address.

Have you tried entering in a URL to see if Safari will go to it?

If not, I have no idea and it may be time for that iPad to go to the Apple Store for a check-up. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
R

rondamc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You were exactly right! I thought safari was grayed out (not working). but I entered a search word in google and it worked. I feel a little stupid but am very happy to have found out the cause was only emptying my history and cookies?

OP
R

rondamc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turns out it works. It looked blank because I'd emptied the history and cookies. I thought it was (grayed out) and didn't even check to see if google would respond-which it did once I tried. Thanks for your help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear you got it working. We all do things like that - in fact, I'm *always* doing things like that!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts