What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari icon is missing

ktkallen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings! Not sure how this happened, but my Safari icon is missing. I have restored the icon settings and have tried powering down the device, but I am not able to resolve my issue. I lost it after making a web page an icon. Thanks in advance for your assistance-

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does searching for it in spotlight yield any results?
I have heard of this problem before but only on iPhones. Best bet for you is to restore the iPad's software via iTunes. Backup first though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely you have turned off Safari in Settings > General > Restrictions.

You'll need whatever 4 digit password was used to turn it back on.

OP
K

ktkallen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the support- I finally figured it out- when I had subscribed to my work email (Microsoft Exchange) that turned off Safari as my work does not allow us to view email in that browser. As soon as I deleted the Exchange account my Safari was restored.

venusphillips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari app gone froom iPAD 2

Most likely you have turned off Safari in Settings > General > Restrictions.

You'll need whatever 4 digit password was used to turn it back on.

Hi! I friend of mine, has upgraded her iPad to the new iOS, and the Safari App is gone.

Is not because of restrictions, is not even showing on the restrictions section, is really strange.

Any suggestions?

Best, Venus

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What iOS do you mean by new iOS? iOS 6.3.1 is the newest public release.

If your friend has jumped the gun and installed iOS 7, then all I can recommend is to go back to iOS 6.1.3 until iOS 7 is released to the public.

Either way, Safari should not have disappeared unless it was turned off in Restrictions. Do a search for it on the Search page. If it's been hidden in a folder, the folder will be listed to the right of Safari in the results.

You can also try telling Siri to Open Safari. If the app is present and not restricted, it will open.

One last thought. If your friend has jailbroken, check all the tweaks.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts