What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari help?

WAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm on a site and can maneuver back and forth with the upper left direction arrows. But sometimes I follow a link which opens a new page and I don't see how to return to my previous set of pages. No arrows. On a PC I would just click the origninal tab. But I see nothing to click here. HOME pulls me all the way out of the internet and I have to start all over. There is a way, right?

If I'm not clear, sometimes a new page has arrows so I can go back. Sometimes they don't. What then?

Sorry for such a basic question. We need a 'Help for Nubi's' subforum.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the top of the page you see the icon that looks like two windows overlapping. Click there and a page comes up of your open windows so you can swap.

Or use a diff browser app.

OP
W

WAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you're right. I thought I had tried to back into my history using the tile display and it hadn't worked somehow. But it seems to do the job now.

Thanx.

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Browser Help

Okay, I have a stumper. One day, I was using Safari to find HD wallpaper photos for my iPad. Now, as you see on the upper left of this capture photo I just took, it says HD iPad Wallpaper up in the upper left corner of my browser window. I have cleared cookies, history, and my cache, and this clickable function won't go away. How the heck do I get rid of it? I don't want it there. Help with this would be much appreciated! I don't know what I did do put it there in the first place. :eek::confused:
HDwallpaper-1.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you've done there is created yourself a bookmark...

To get rid of it, press the icon that looks like an open book (it's your bookmarks icon). That bookmark, "hd ipad wallpaper" should be right there. If you swipe left to right on it, a red "Delete" button should appear. Press the button and bam! That bookmark is gone.

Hope this helps. Let us know...

Marilyn

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kind of thought that is what it was, but my other bookmarks are a drop down list, and not a clickable link like that was. I wasn't aware that you could make a bookmark up in the task bar like that until today. DOH. I have had this iPad a year, and still find things I don't know. THAT did the trick. Thanks!

Most reactions