What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Google Maps My Location

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accessing google maps in safari I am asked every time for permission to access my current location. I always say yes. It's irritating that the application doesn't remember my answer is a nuisance but so be it.

Earlier today I declined permission to use my location as I wanted my search to be based in a different country. Now whenever I access google maps it refuses to access my location and displays a message "Google maps does not have permission to access your location." None of their suggestions under help have worked.

So how do I get rid of this setting? I tried the following:

Settigs/general/privacy/location services are ON

Settings/safari/website data - I deleted data associated with google.

and neither of these changes worked.

Thanks in advance.

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds strange to me as I have denied Google maps permission in the past to access my location. But when I close Sarfari and relaunch it and go to Google maps it once again asks for permission to access.

Have you tried completely powering off the iPad and then restarting it to see if it makes any difference?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Accessing google maps in safari I am asked every time for permission to access my current location. I always say yes. It's irritating that the application doesn't remember my answer is a nuisance but so be it.

Earlier today I declined permission to use my location as I wanted my search to be based in a different country. Now whenever I access google maps it refuses to access my location and displays a message "Google maps does not have permission to access your location." None of their suggestions under help have worked.

So how do I get rid of this setting? I tried the following:

Settigs/general/privacy/location services are ON

Settings/safari/website data - I deleted data associated with google.

and neither of these changes worked.

Thanks in advance.

The Location Services can be on and Safari and/or Google Maps is not, (see the picture)

image-3292955640.jpg

Check to make sure the specific app has the location service on. If you can't change it you may have restrictions enabled and will have to put in your password (4 digit) to get into it.

Most reactions

Latest posts