What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

safari defaulting to search instead of bar

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean, in the centre at the top is the URL bar and to the right is the search.......what are you trying to achieve?

The Archangel

OP
S

slackwaresupport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i open safari. it wants me to enter text into the search bar, not the web bar.. i know where i wanna go.. i dont need to search for it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no way to adjust that, AFAIK. I have three others browser apps, and they all start new pages without prompting in either field. No biggie.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
slackwaresupport said:
anyway to make it when you open safari it goes to the web bar and not the search?? anyone else annoyed by this?

It amazes me the trivial thing that annoy people.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sheeklouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyway to make it when you open safari it goes to the web bar and not the search?? anyone else annoyed by this?

Hey i was also extremely annoyed by this but i figured it out. Go to preferences and where it says new tab opens with homepage change it to top sites. It will go back to opening with the address bar. I was very happy when i figured this out lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts