What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari crashes down more often

Rose20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have ipad1, that is not jail broken. OS3-2
I am facing a problem is that safari crashes a lot. It just shuts down and logs me out from all application. It takes few minutes before It re-functions properly.
What could be the problem? And should I get worried??
Thank u

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If its not jailbroken I'd be inclined to connect it to your PC/Mac and upgrade it to iOS 5.1 via iTunes. It might help and as more people a likely to be using the latest version of iOS there is more chance of getting advice from them.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, yes--I agree with Gabriel1. Your iOS is old--get yourself with the current version first.

OP
R

Rose20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THank u both for the reply.
One silly question.... How do I know whether my iPad got jail broken? That is if I didn't do it myself?
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
THank u both for the reply.
One silly question.... How do I know whether my iPad got jail broken? That is if I didn't do it myself?
Thanks

I'm not sure how to take your question. Were you not the original owner of this iPad-did somebody give this to you?
My iPad is stock, but do know that it is a process to go through to jail break your iPad. I think you'd know that answer if you did do it.

OP
R

Rose20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skimonkey: huh! I admit That was a weird comment on my belalf...
The fact is I got the iPad as a gift a while ago ( with plenty of applestore purchased items). I didn't use it much since I was working abroad in countries with little or none Internet connection ESP. In public places.... so iPad was of little use. I am not an "apple" person, so I am not acquainted with all these processes and terms.
my pc got infected & hacked by a pro...and Now safari on ipad is crashing down, so I am worried. I know for sure that I didn't jail break it, and i know i can't download anything on it. But Can someone do it remotely? I am accessing all my emails from it... Is there a way to know?
Excuse me for being an "Apple device" moron :(
Thank you

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rose20 said:
Skimonkey: huh! I admit That was a weird comment on my belalf...
The fact is I got the iPad as a gift a while ago ( with plenty of applestore purchased items). I didn't use it much since I was working abroad in countries with little or none Internet connection ESP. In public places.... so iPad was of little use. I am not an "apple" person, so I am not acquainted with all these processes and terms.
my pc got infected & hacked by a pro...and Now safari on ipad is crashing down, so I am worried. I know for sure that I didn't jail break it, and i know i can't download anything on it. But Can someone do it remotely? I am accessing all my emails from it... Is there a way to know?
Excuse me for being an "Apple device" moron :(
Thank you

Nope, there is no way anyone could have jailbroken your iPad remotely. If you are at all concerned just restore your iPad with iTunes.......and no one here is a moron, we are all learning so don't be so hard on yourself, I learn something new here everyday.

The Archangel

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, there is no way anyone could have jailbroken your iPad remotely. If you are at all concerned just restore your iPad with iTunes.......and no one here is a moron, we are all learning so don't be so hard on yourself, I learn something new here everyday.

The Archangel

Hello Rose20, welcome to the forum! I'm quoting Gabriel's note here as a side (snide?) comment. If you have the inclination to look up Gabriel's postings in the early days when he first found this forum and started participating in the forum, you will see just how much Gabriel has progressed!! He has made so much progress that he got promoted to super moderator!

Back to your topic, before you do anything like resolving your problem with Safari crashing, I would read the thread in the link below. It comes from the help section. Other responders to your thread indicate that to resolve your problem with Safari, you would need to upgrade to the latest iOS version.

In order to upgrade, you will probably have to get to a PC (or MAC) and connect your iPad to that system. In addition, you will need the latest version of iTunes. You should also back up and sync your iPad to your PC so that you have a way to restore your iPad.

In an earlier post you stated that your iPad came with a lot of apps and stuff. Did you mean that the apps are in addition to the twelve (12) already provided by Apple? If so, for those other apps, you will need that appleid and password because you will also update those apps. Often times the easiest thing to do with a gifted iPad is to just start over with your own appleid and password.

Here is the link:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Hello Rose20, welcome to the forum! I'm quoting Gabriel's note here as a side (snide?) comment. If you have the inclination to look up Gabriel's postings in the early days when he first found this forum and started participating in the forum, you will see just how much Gabriel has progressed!! He has made so much progress that he got promoted to super moderator!

Google "Peter principle", it'll tell you everything you need to know!

The Archangel

Most reactions