What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari closes without warning

Michiganmommyof3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine stopped doing it once i did what i posted a couple of posts up. Simple to try...see if it works for you. It was driving me nuts also

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine crashes too, not really a lot, but enough to be annoying. This not on a particular website but any, with no apps running in back ground. Is this common or is it an issue with my Safari?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fuzy_gsxr1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I just did what you guys said and almost all my apps were running in the background...lol imthoughtbwhen you shut the iPad off it closes all the apps that running?!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No it doesn't, even restarting your iPad doesn't close the apps and I'm not sure if it does for a reset either.
Also for those with crashing problems in safari it might be a good idea to clear out your history and cookies as these surely mount up too. settings - Safari - clear history and cookies and data. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, read this at osxdaily.com. . My biggest problem with safari was when I clicked to go back to a page it would return to a very old page. Very annoying. Tried it a couple of days ago and safari has been stable.

Disable iCloud Bookmark Syncing: Tap on Settings > General > iCloud > switch Bookmark syncing to OFF. I then cleared all safari date and preformed a reset on my ipad2. I only preformed this one tip but below is the article from the website.

Troubleshooting Tips for Safari Crashes on iPad & iOS 5
If the majority of crashes are centered around Safari, use these troubleshooting tips and see if the problem is resolved:

Update to iOS 5.0.1 either manually, through iTunes, or using OTA
Disable iCloud Bookmark Syncing: Tap on Settings > General > iCloud > switch Bookmark syncing to OFF
Clear & Disable Autofill: Settings > Safari > Autofill > Clear All and then turn everything to “OFF”
Clear Safari history and cookies: Tap on Settings > Safari > Clear History, Clear Cookies and Data
Clear Safari stored data: Tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remova All Website Data
Try using Safari again, for many users the above solutions help to prevent the crashing. If not, these secondary options may work as well:

Disable iCloud Completely: Tap on Settings > General > iCloud > switch all to OFF
Disable Javascript: Tap on Settings > Safari > Javascript > OFF
Yes, it’s annoying to not have iCloud or Javascript, but it’s more annoying to not be able to use Safari. If the above tips aren’t working, or if you need javascript, then the next idea is to manually erase and reinstall iOS 5.0.1 on the iPad, but not restore from a backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts