What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari closes when I log on ipad forums

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently using ipad 2 iOS 7.1.2 and sometimes when i use safari to read at ipad forum it closes by it self. Sometimes it happens when I switch to another thread. It just closes. Any help on this? Thanks in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try force closing Safari, clearing History and Website Data in Settings - Safari, restarting your device, resetting it using Home and Power button to get rid of this.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently using ipad 2 iOS 7.1.2 and sometimes when i use safari to read at ipad forum it closes by it self. Sometimes it happens when I switch to another thread. It just closes. Any help on this? Thanks in advance.
Is there some compelling reason why you are still on iOS 7.1.2? There's been a bit of water under the bridge up to the the current version 8.1.3 and I believe the improvements within that time gap have covered some bugs re the iPad2 as well.
But meantime reset your iPad.
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Strangely, Safari still occasionally seems to have problems with all models of iPads. Seems to depend on the phases of the moon, but J. A's suggestion above is a good one:).
Try these suggestions and let us know how you got on.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
kidneyshot

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't move on to iOS8 yet, because of all the negative threads about the Ipad 2 slowing down. And since I don't do much on my Ipad and just only emails, webbrowsing and reading books I didn't upgrade. But the problem is only ipadforums for now. I haven't seen any problems (yet) for other sites I visit. I've tried what JA suggested, but still no change. It still happens.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try another browser, and see if that makes a difference.

When did this start? Just recently, or some time ago?

If you use iTunes to sync Safari/save bookmarks, ... disable this (Settings - iCloud - Safari).

OP
kidneyshot

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It started just recently, I think about a week ago or two. I'll try out another browser.
I don't use itunes to sync bookmarks and such :) Thank for the help ^^

Most reactions

Latest posts