Safari and mail not working

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Hasny, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hasny

Hasny iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After a mistaken reboot, apple logo was not disappearing. I did so many things but nothing worked and finally a stage came when all the battery got drained and apple logo disappeared. Now when I put my iPad on charging after the battery reached to about 5%, my ipad came to life BUT safari, Cydia and mail not working. I tried to restore to factory settings manually, but that rotating circle in the middle won,t go away even after hours..oops. When I try to recover through iTunes at my laptop, at one place it says that it will be upgraded to latest version, ie ios6, for which I am scared and don't want at all as one of my friends did the same mistake and now unable to get Cydia on it. I have heard about a clean. install on 5.1.1 manually and feel that I should go for it but I am not sure how to achieve it and whether it can be done or not. Please help in bringing my iPad 3 back to what it used to be when I bought it and was so happy to have such an awesome handy device. I have also tried mnual reset to factory settings but that too is not productive, a rotating circle in the middle of the ipad screen would keep rotating till hours and no brings no hope Thanks
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,825 / 0
    When you say you "tried manual reset to factory settings" - where did you try this? Were you in the Reset area in the Settings app on the iPad itself? Because if that is the case, then your current jail break is beyond repair. A jail breaker is never to use any of the Reset options on the iPad...

Yes, there are ways to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on the iPad3. However, you must not have upgraded to iOS 6.x and you must have the SHSH blobs for that iOS. If you have them, see this thread for the re-restore process: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

However, if you don't have the blobs, I am sorry but you can't re-restore. Then, your only option is to restore/upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 (the most current iOS) and wait for a jail break there.

Sorry for your troubles, but maybe some of this is useful.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
  3. Hasny

Hasny iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By manual resetting I mean, I have gone to settings, general, reset and then "erase all contents and settings" by it did' not work either and I could only see a revolving circle in the middle of my home screen revolving for hours until the battery drained out.*
    You mean even though I haven't accomplished a complete reset but still my device is no more jailbroken. But what about Cydia, MODERATOR EDIT: THE NAME OF THIS PIRACY ENABLING APP HAS BEEN REMOVED, winterboard, activator and few other apps that still show up on my home screen though they are no more functional. Have you heard of such cases in which someone has unjailbroken his device but the apps I mentioned still stay there though not functioning.*
    It's encouraging to know that I can still update my ios5.1.1 if sshblobs are saved. How can I know now whether they are saved or not. I think if Cydia is working, one can see them in there, but in my case when Cydia is no more functional, where to find them!!
    Also would it be a wise approach to go for a jailbreak and see whether things get settled or not. I mean I try the same jail breaking process, not sure whether I would be able to finish it or might get stuck in the middle sometime...but was just thinking if I am kinda unjailbroken now, why not give it a try !
    Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  4. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    As is normal on this forum, I'm now going to close this thread since we do not offer assistance to pirates. The app whose name I removed from your post has only one purpose, namely the theft of other people's work.

----- Rule 15
    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.