What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Air and iPad

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if you can use an iPad when flying with Ryan Air, do they have wi-fi?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Hi

Does anyone know if you can use an iPad when flying with Ryan Air, do they have wi-fi?

I don't specifically know about Ryan Air, but it is unlikely any airline would have wireless Internet on board.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't specifically know about Ryan Air, but it is unlikely any airline would have wireless Internet on board.

Lots of airlines are beginning to put WiFi on board the aircraft. I recently flew from Denver to LA on Southwest here in the states and it was equipped with WiFi. It usually costs a small fee but is very convenient. However, to the OP I really doubt that Ryan Air would have WiFi. Ryan Air is a very no frills airline.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Lots of airlines are beginning to put WiFi on board the aircraft. I recently flew from Denver to LA on Southwest here in the states and it was equipped with WiFi. It usually costs a small fee but is very convenient. However, to the OP I really doubt that Ryan Air would have WiFi. Ryan Air is a very no frills airline.

That would be quite an about face as up to now, airlines were telling their passengers to place their devices in airplane mode with wifi turned off while in flight.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be quite an about face as up to now, airlines were telling their passengers to place their devices in airplane mode with wifi turned off while in flight.

It is indeed. Just shows you (this coming from a pilot as well) that these devices really have no impact on the safety of flight or the avionics equipment installed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
It is indeed. Just shows you (this coming from a pilot as well) that these devices really have no impact on the safety of flight or the avionics equipment installed.

Especially since some airlines are having the pilots use them in the cockpit to replace all the paper charts and manuals that are normally carried.

Most reactions

Latest posts