What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Processes - a way to check?

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, running processes, if that's the way to express it. I have been fiddling with SBSettings, Insomnia, and now, PreventSleep. So far, there have been a lot of uncertainties and inconsistancies in it all. And, I think that SBSettings may be the problem in most of it.

First off, there are a LOT of toggles in SBSettings in the toggles setup screen, and less than half of them will actually show up in the control panel. (someone suggested that there were "pages" of toggles in the control panel ((SBS main block)), but I can't find any way to flip them). Then, frequently the buttons for a certain function will be off, but that function is definately activated (3G, for instance... just this morning).

There is a toggle and (supposedly) a button for Insomnia, but when that toggle is set to appear in SBS contol, it does not. And I can't honestly tell if it is active or not. It seems to not be most of the time.

Now I have PreventSleep (suggested in one of the threads here) app loaded, and there is a toggle/button that shows up in the SBS panel, but again, I'm really not sure if it is engaged or not.

SO..... my question is: is there a way to check to see what functions are actually running? Of course in Windows, it's Task Manager" which give a really good indication of the processes that have started and are running - as well as applications, memory conditions, etc. Anything like this for iPad/iPhone?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use an app called XSysInfo.
I originally bought it as a quick way of releasing ram, but it also lists processes, tech specs, network info etc. Useful for the price.

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Hasty,

I looked at that app, and it looks really promising. Thanks for the tip off.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Guys - such an app greatly interests me! :D

But, Apple is such 'tight a##ed' about letting a user getting into their iOS w/ apps for this purpose that I've been dubious about those available and their usefulness?

Now I went on the App site and did a search on XSysInfo which generated no hits but brought up another app called Core Monitor HD which looks interesting, but is in a 1.0 version (not sure that I want to trust that?).

So, just some additional information and I'll await more posts to this thread - :)

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sheepishly, I have to admit that it was actually Core Monitor HD that I looked at and not the other xsysinfo program. Although I finally did just find it doing a Google search, I remember now that I didn't find it on either App Store or Cydia the first time around. In looking at XSysinfo, I didn't see where it says anything about listing running processes such as the Core HD program.

I'm still yet to make the purchase, but I do think it will work out.

Most reactions

Latest posts