What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Flash on Ipad

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody figured a way to do this. I downloaded Skyfire which by the way is a total waste of money and tried other things I have read on the net, but it seems to be a hit and miss....which for me I been missing :( ...lol.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will never be a way to play Flash natively on the iPad. As you've discovered, 'work arounds' all have serious limitations. I think that, if you buy an iPad, you implicitly accept that you'll never be able to play Flash. Apple never made a secret of this and, for (I guess) the majority of users, it's not a real deal breaker. I think, too, that most Forum members would agree that there will never be a 'solution' to this 'problem'.

Tim
Scotland

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found Skyfire to work about 50%. If you buy it you need to read on the app store page or developers' site what it can and can't read.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couldn't Be Happier With Skyfire

I purchased Skyfire some time ago and couldn't be more pleased.

I was laid up for a while and wanted to watch a sporting event live streamed via Ustream and it wouldn't work on the iPad.

Using Skyfire was the perfect solution.

It worked flawlessly. I got to watch this sporting event for 3 days. Never a problem.

Thats all I've used it for but I would have paid more for what I got out of it.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one way that ive found that runs any flash site flawlessy, Get the "Always on PC" app for ipad. Its a virtual computer in the cloud that turns ur ipad into a desktop machine, seriously, with mouse cursor n everything. Reason it can fun flash is because ur ipad is connected to a virtual computer from the developers server that acts as ur own. It uses firefox as the bowser. U can customize the desktop, add pc apps, n everything to it. Check it out. Use can use touch input or use a mouse cursor for more detailed point clickin. Hooe thay helps. Its really cool n im still figuring it all out.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There will never be a way to play Flash natively on the iPad. As you've discovered, 'work arounds' all have serious limitations. I think that, if you buy an iPad, you implicitly accept that you'll never be able to play Flash. Apple never made a secret of this and, for (I guess) the majority of users, it's not a real deal breaker. I think, too, that most Forum members would agree that there will never be a 'solution' to this 'problem'.

Tim
Scotland

Natively, no. Unless something changes at Apple. God only know what will happen if Mr. Jobs passes on or retires. What if he is replaced by someone that loves a huge bottom line? Perhaps the rapid growth of Android will force a change. Remember, most Apple product customers are not Fanboys and I am not so sure they rule Apple. Well, Steve Jobs is a Fanboy, I suppose.

Suppose I develop a replacement for Flash? I out-Flash, Flash? No way in heck you will see it and no way can you install it, either. Not as long as the market remains closed to me, which would be the case. NOTHING you or I will develop will EVER see the Apple market if Jobs and Apple do not approve it. Comply with Apple or die.

Jobs will eventually disappear and someone will replace him. Then his opinions and thoughts do not matter and Flash might arrive on the iThingys. If there is a need for flash, we will have flash. Although we really do not need Flash.

So here is the question: will Android force Apple to change and capitulate on Flash or the other things people want? I wonder how many users we do not hear from are pissed that their iPad is rather limited and they really cant do the things they thought their iPad could do. I honestly thought I coulfd print wirelessly. I actually thought I could install off market apps. I honestly thought I could create document templates. I honestly thought many things.

Mad iPad customers might not consider the next version. And if they do buy iPad 2 and iPad 3 is released in the fall as some think, will that make users even more pissed?

Thank God for Craigslist.

No way in hell will I buy an iPad 2. Not with Android providing hundreds of choices; in China alone, there are more than 40 android tablets available right now. Not saying they are good or bad, just saying there is a bunch on them. And then there are the US companies offering pads of all sort.

We have XOOM arriving soon and Google is not shy in telling us they want to own the market. Perhaps not an iPad killer, but there is an iPad killer out there I am sure

Jailbreak and run Frash. Just saying.

Bob Maxey

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash

Hi

What can I use on my iPad other than flash?

Sorry I'm sure the answers somewhere but I'm the noob kid on the block :)

OP
hey_moe

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got that program, only problem is .....no sound..lol. When view flash if it gets any slower it will come to a stop.You also have to get use to the UI. On all the others, you can scroll fast. It is a cool program but for twenty four bucks it still need a lot of work....but thats just me.:eek:
There is one way that ive found that runs any flash site flawlessy, Get the "Always on PC" app for ipad. Its a virtual computer in the cloud that turns ur ipad into a desktop machine, seriously, with mouse cursor n everything. Reason it can fun flash is because ur ipad is connected to a virtual computer from the developers server that acts as ur own. It uses firefox as the bowser. U can customize the desktop, add pc apps, n everything to it. Check it out. Use can use touch input or use a mouse cursor for more detailed point clickin. Hooe thay helps. Its really cool n im still figuring it all out.

OP
hey_moe

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, what part of Va you in. I'm in Hampton a few miles from Langley.

Most reactions

Latest posts