What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running 4.3.2 and camera is frozen

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad2 32G 3G a few days ago. I've upgraded the OS to 4.3.2 and I tried FaceTime today for the first time. Well FaceTime froze my image every time I tried it. And now my camera app won't work on it's own. I just get the closed shutter. FaceTime still opens the camera but nether the camera or photo booth app will work. I thought 4.3.2 was supposed to fix this issue. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas/suggestions to fix it?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple Logo?

Then let it do it's thing until it boots back up.

See if that helps!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the iPad to see if it corrects the issue?

Ahh..Marie beat me to it...

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you simply hold the power button and reboot or did you do as sweetpoison suggested, holding the power & home button at same time and reboot?

Last edited:
OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I've tried both power cycle then both buttons for 10 seconds until it rebooted. Both gave the same results.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I've tried both power cycle then both buttons for 10 seconds until it rebooted. Both gave the same results.

And I'm sure you opened the multi-tasking bar and closed the app this way aswell? If nothing else works you may have to restore in order get the native camera app working again.

OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I tried to restore to a recent back-up and the native camera still doesn't work. If I do a factory default restore can then load my recent back up will I get everything back on the Ipad and hope the camera works? Or will my back up from 15 minutes ago not work if I default restore the Ipad?

OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I'm sure you opened the multi-tasking bar and closed the app this way aswell? If nothing else works you may have to restore in order get the native camera app working again.

Just tried that and no luck...didn't know you could do that either:) Thanks!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the iPad go into:
Settings
General
Reset
Try "reset settings"
If that don't work try "erase all content and settings" which will set back to factory default. Camera app should work then.
You should be able to sync your apps/music back thru iTunes as normal.

OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad go into:
Settings
General
Reset
Try "reset settings"
If that don't work try "erase all content and settings" which will set back to factory default. Camera app should work then.
You should be able to sync your apps/music back thru iTunes as normal.

"Reset settings" brought the front facing camera back to life in photo booth only. When I switch to the rear camera it then freezes the front camera and I cant get it working again with out trying "reset settings" The camera app still had the closed shutter.

I'm restoring the ipad to default.....

OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Factory restore resulted in the same thing. Native camera and photo booth apps aren't working. I can use photo booth with front facing camera only, when I try to switch to the rear camera it just freezes the front facing camera everytime I pres the flip camera button. FaceTime still works fine the camera doesn't freeze....(when not on a call, don't want to test with anyone at 1AM)

Anymore thoughts...??

p.s. Thanks for all the help so far!! This is just frustrating...

OP
A

Awight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this on YouTube. Same problem

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCkMaIAopOk&feature=youtube_gdata_playerm[/ame]

From the comments looks like he had to have his IPad replaced.

Most reactions

Latest posts