What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run battery down?

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re you supposed to let the battery run completely down before charging it? Why?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Re you supposed to let the battery run completely down before charging it? Why? Sent from my iPad using iPF

No, you don't need to do that.

Some will say you should run the battery run completely once a month so that the battery meter will stay calibrated. I think that advice comes from apple, too.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know where that advice comes from, but I do have the feeling/experience that it is correct. Would be interesting to collect opinions about that, would it? Oh, I just saw that there is a Poll about that: http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-polls/118014-regularly-running-down-battery-experience.html :)

Yes, there was a poll about that. Didn't you just start it yourself?. So you are surprised about this poll that you just started yourself?. I don"t get this.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Yes, there was a poll about that. Didn't you just start it yourself?. So you are surprised about this poll that you just started yourself?. I don"t get this. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Yes, Andrew, I did start it myself.
No, of course i am not surprised about it.
It was like... kidding?? Trying to be funny??? Trying to draw attention???

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions