What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Apple’s AirPods Could be Released Very Soon, but in Short Supply

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
AirPods to release very soon.JPG

AppleInsider reports that multiple Apple retail sources are indicating that Apple’s AirPods might not miss the all-important holiday season after all, but stocks may be so limited that the AirPods become unavailable again almost immediately after release.

Daring Fireball’s John Gruber says that he has heard from multiple sources that the AirPods would be released just in time for the holiday season, but that quantities would be limited.
“They are getting very close to missing the holidays,” said Gruber. “I have heard just in the last 24 hours, not from like a very well-placed little birdie but from a birdie, that there’s a possibility, that there are whispers in Apple, among people who work at Apple retail, that they might actually come in ‘the next few days.’”

Despite Gruber not sounding that confident in some of his sources, what he says ties in with AppleInsider’s own sources that told the website back in November that there was “no way” that Apple would miss the holiday season release window for the AirPods.

Source: More reports suggest Apple's AirPods will see pre-Christmas release

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are available now. The US Apple Store says they'd arrive in 4 weeks, the Austrian store tells me it will be here on December 22.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I can still hope. My iPhone 7 Plus showed up more than a week before the estimated shipping date. Apple likes to overestimate; though they certainly blew that with the initial promises of avialablilty for AirPods.

Most reactions

Latest posts