What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Rumor] WalMart to Offer iPhone 5 for Just $127 & iPad 3-Gen for $399 Starting Dec 17

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Walmart_store-sign.jpg

If you are looking for the latest Apple gear for the holidays and want to save a bundle, then this weekend you will probably want to take a trip to WalMart. Supposedly, the retailer will have the deepest discount in town for a host of Apple products. Here's a breakdown of the ridiculous deals WalMart might have:
  • iPhone 5 = $127 on a new contract
  • iPhone 4S = $47 on a new contract
    [*]iPad 3rd Generation = $399.99
These are obviously incredible deals on the hotest mobile tech in the world. We aren't sure how WalMart is able to have deals like this, but we aren't going to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

[Update: It looks like the Walmart deal was misreported by several other news sites, and we followed suit. The pricing has been updated now. Apparently the iPad for $399 was the 3rd-gen and not the 4th-gen.]

Source: SlashGear

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm....good tip, DGstorm!

Hard to believe though that I had waited for 4 weeks for my iPhone and became lucky to find one last one at best buy back in November. This is great for those who would like to pick up the iPhone or iPad right now for less. Great timing!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[Rumor] WalMart to Offer iPhone 5 for Just $127 & iPad 4-Gen for $399 Starting Dec 17

Walmart_store-sign.jpg

If you are looking for the latest Apple gear for the holidays and want to save a bundle, then this weekend you will probably want to take a trip to WalMart. Supposedly, the retailer will have the deepest discount in town for a host of Apple products. Here's a breakdown of the ridiculous deals WalMart might have:
  • iPhone 5 = $127 on a new contract
  • iPhone 4S = $47 on a new contract
  • iPad 4th Generation = $399.99
These are obviously incredible deals on the hotest mobile tech in the world. We aren't sure how WalMart is able to have deals like this, but we aren't going to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Source: SlashGear

I didn't see the new iPad at 399.00. I thought I saw only iPad 2 16GB for 399.00.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...I want 4s........so will they send delivery to India?

It's a subsidized price offered on a two-year data contract in the U.S. Is there some way that will be worthwhile for you if in India? You'd have to pay a monthly data plan rate for two years in the U.S. to get the phone at the Wal-Mart price.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron stone said:
Hmmm...I want 4s........so will they send delivery to India?

These would be locked iPhones tied to the US cellular carrier you're required to sign a contract with, at least for the duration of the contract. These iPhones wouldn't be useable outside the US.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These would be locked iPhones tied to the US cellular carrier you're required to sign a contract with, at least for the duration of the contract. These iPhones wouldn't be useable outside the US.

Unlocking a phone is pretty easy. Some people do it on their own; some people pay for others to unlock for them.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Unlocking a phone is pretty easy. Some people do it on their own; some people pay for others to unlock for them.

There's still the contract, though.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
OP Updated to reflect a correction. Sorry for the hiccup! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts