What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor: iPhone 5S and iPad 5 to Launch Mid-2013

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Que up all of the angry iPad 4 buyers in 3...2...1. :)

I won't be angry cuz after the 5, 5 minutes later there will be a 6. Have to get on board sometime.... No one is ever going to be ahead unless you buy each and every updated iPad.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Que up all of the angry iPad 4 buyers in 3...2...1. :)

I've got a 4, but I don't have a prob with Apple introducing replacements quickly. To get my money, all they have to do is produce something I consider worth buying. I don't mind that they try more frequently, lol.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I won't be angry cuz after the 5, 5 minutes later there will be a 6. Have to get on board sometime.... No one is ever going to be ahead unless you buy each and every updated iPad.

Oh I know, just busting some cajoonies. I still have the incredibly outdated and useless iPad 2 so what do I know? Lol

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Oh I know, just busting some cajoonies. I still have the incredibly outdated and useless iPad 2 so what do I know? Lol

I have one as well!!! One stays in my purse and the other at home. I don't think it is useless though. Technically, it is only a few months old as I had to replace it because of bad pixels or something.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the pace at which products are outdated these days.well outdated in a market perspective I mean.
I still remember using a Nokia n70 for 5 years!!!and well i felt the need to upgrade only in the 3rd year.
My ipad2 is fine for my use but the new 5mp camera(I'm not sure if I will use that on a tablet but still it's tempting lol) and the much hyped retina screen tempts me to upgrade.
But after thinking hard I decided to keep hold of my ipad2 for the time being and drop the iPad idea as a whole and jump to MacBook air.
A 11 inch MacBook air offers same portability (almost same) and a full laptop functionality apart from gaming.just that it's a bit more expensive.
So I'm just holding on to my ipad2 till I save up enough and it's goodbye tablets for a while.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A.K said:
I'm amazed at the pace at which products are outdated these days.well outdated in a market perspective I mean.
I still remember using a Nokia n70 for 5 years!!!and well i felt the need to upgrade only in the 3rd year.
My ipad2 is fine for my use but the new 5mp camera(I'm not sure if I will use that on a tablet but still it's tempting lol) and the much hyped retina screen tempts me to upgrade.
But after thinking hard I decided to keep hold of my ipad2 for the time being and drop the iPad idea as a whole and jump to MacBook air.
A 11 inch MacBook air offers same portability (almost same) and a full laptop functionality apart from gaming.just that it's a bit more expensive.
So I'm just holding on to my ipad2 till I save up enough and it's goodbye tablets for a while.

Good move!!

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really??? WOW!! I still have iPhone 4 and I am not due doe an upgrade until January. Not sure if I am ready to give up my unlimited plan yet.

If you're with AT&T you keep your unlimited.
I just bought my iPhone 5 two days ago at AT&T and kept my grandfathered unlimited data. Even kept my 200 text for $5/month.
AT&T even unlocked my 3GS over the phone today.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my iPhone 5 two days ago at AT&T and kept my grandfathered unlimited data. Even kept my 200 text for $5/month.

Yes, I've been very happy with AT&T customer service and its grandfathering policies.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IGonz said:

Nope, Verizon. But AT&T also has a data share plan, they are not making you switch to that?

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IGonz said:

Just stopped into AT&T while making the rounds this morning. Told me exactly that - keep the unlimited plan and they will unlock the 3GS. Now I have to decide which one and save a few bucks to get it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, Verizon. But AT&T also has a data share plan, they are not making you switch to that?

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

No, at least not that they've announced. As of now, AT&T is allowing its grandfathered data customers keep their plans, whether they change phones or not. They even allow changing from 3G to 4G on grandfathered unlimited.

I plan to keep grandfathered unlimited on phone and iPad as long as AT&T offers it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, at least not that they've announced. As of now, AT&T is allowing its grandfathered data customers keep their plans, whether they change phones or not. They even allow changing from 3G to 4G on grandfathered unlimited.

I plan to keep grandfathered unlimited on phone and iPad as long as AT&T offers it.

With Verizon, the only way to keep unlimited is to pay full price for a new phone. I'm not sure it will be worth doing since I can only do that for my phone and I don't use that much data on my phone.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I have one as well!!! One stays in my purse and the other at home. I don't think it is useless though. Technically, it is only a few months old as I had to replace it because of bad pixels or something.

Not useless at all. Actually, it's the most used electronic device in our house by a huge margin. It just works. No reason for me to upgrade seeing as my current model is working like a beast. :)

Most reactions