Rumor: iPad 3 to employ a $70-80 price hike?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by augustya, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    It is not Apple's way of doing things to raise the cost like that. They always have had a base laptop at $999, and the price on iPods is consistent. If they do not do an scheduled upgrade, they sometimes reduce the price. They plan on any upgrades meeting their price schedule. It influences whether or not they add features, so it is important to them. It may be one of the factors determining the processor used on the iPad 3.

2. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Its not "price fixing"nor is it illegal m8. We would not be that stupid as a company to ruin a relationship the largest consumer electronics company in the world.

It could be a weekly sale, or it could be to move inventory as part of our strategy for when ipad 3 launches. IDK. I'm just happy its even easier to sell accessories with the ipad 2 now XD

3. iLloyd

iLloyd
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sold my iPad today and i already miss it so much. Feels like my arms have been chopped off!!

Price increase... Oh well thats not gunna stop me
    Getting it.

March 7th *fingers crossed*

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    There's no way I could do this. I'd go into iPad withdrawal and probably start sucking my thumb while in fetal position.