What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Rumor] Apple’s iPad mini price to start at $329

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipadmini-mockup.png

Even if the iPad mini’s release date is due tomorrow, there still has been no word about how Apple plans to price the devices. Many rumors suggested that the iPad mini’s price will be very customer friendly and situated somewhere around $300 and $350. Apparently, that’s about right. The folks over at 9to5Mac just got word that the upcoming shrunken tablet’s price will start at around $329 in the United States.

The entry-level 16GB model will start at $329, while the 32GB model will advance the price to $429. The most expensive model will be the 64GB version that will cost $529. These prices are only the WiFi iPad Minis.

The iPad mini concept was greatly welcomed by the tech loving crowd because the tablet’s price range would be friendlier, allowing people with a moderate income to become part of the Apple family. But compared with other tablets that the iPad mini is supposed to compete against, the price-range doesn’t exactly scream “accessibleâ€. Other 7-inch tablets like the Google Nexus 7 come at just $199 while the Amazon Kindle Fire is sold for $159.

The new iPad mini is expected to sport a 7.85-inch display and most likely will not incorporate the amazing Retina Display. It will probably be also very thin and light and could come packed with LTE technology. Given the above circumstances, we wonder if these features will be enough for Apple to convince customers to adopt the new tablet. What do you guys think?

By Radu

Source - Apple’s smaller iPad to likely start at a minimum of $329 in the U.S. | 9to5Mac

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Size alone is going to make this edition of the iPad more appealing to school systems which are already embracing tablet devices for students - even at the primary level.
Apple is aware of this and reports in the media this morning suggest Tim Cook will mention the iPad's educational capabilities during today's unveiling.

AA

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Size alone is going to make this edition of the iPad more appealing to school systems which are already embracing tablet devices for students - even at the primary level.
Apple is aware of this and reports in the media this morning suggest Tim Cook will mention the iPad's educational capabilities during today's unveiling.

AA

I'm a teacher and know that a lot of primary schools are reluctant, even refusing to adopt the iPads due to the durability of the product. There is a danger with younger children that they will be damaged. I disagree with this view as you can and should teach children to handle them with care.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've heard a rumour that the mini iPad will also be able to make calls.?! True false?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I_luv_Apple said:
I'm a teacher and know that a lot of primary schools are reluctant, even refusing to adopt the iPads due to the durability of the product. There is a danger with younger children that they will be damaged. I disagree with this view as you can and should teach children to handle them with care.

I never considered the handling by young hands aspect. That's a good point.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

They have these heavy padded cases you can buy. Otherwise, I agree, they are not suitable for children. But then again, few tablets and electronic products are designed to withstand heavy abuse. One you design for that goal, the devices are no longer of any interest to the wider market.

Most reactions