What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Rumor] 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Retina Display Supposedly Already in Production in Korea

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
12_9_ipad_ipad_4_mini_light_mockup.jpg

For now we will have to call this one a rumor. Supposedly, a 12.9-inch iPad Pro Retina display is already in production by a “1st tier supplier in Korea.†This new display will supposedly have nearly a UHD resolution. Here's a quote with the details,

“The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD.â€

What's particularly intriguing about this report is that it hints at an early 2014 launch of the device. This would fly in the face of earlier launches by Apple, but might not be too surprising since this would be an entirely new product. What do you guys think of a 12.9-inch iPad?

Source: UnWiredView

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd have to see one in action to know how I really feel about such a product.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Agreed. The price may be close to the MBA, in which case, you may as well opt for the MBA if you're planning to get a keyboard to go with it.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Apple makes that its not an tablet anymore. Its more of a laptop with no keyboard and has iOS in it. I think all that technology would go great with their macbooks. On an iPad something that large just kinda makes you look insanse in my opinion.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah, but I'm pretty smitten with the iPad air as it is right now. They knew exactly what they were doing making the iPad screen 9.7". It's perfect, IMO. That being said, it's great for those who would like a larger screen. I think it's going to be too much but that's just my opinion.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm pretty smitten with the iPad air as it is right now. They knew exactly what they were doing making the iPad screen 9.7". It's perfect, IMO. That being said, it's great for those who would like a larger screen. I think it's going to be too much but that's just my opinion.

I guess it could also be good for education. Or being a replacement TV, or a canvas for drawing. I think these are the best uses for that;

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I think if you plan to carry it around and hold it like we do with other tablets, then you are right. However, there may be other uses for such a device. For example, you could build a permanent mount for it, with in plugged in 24/7. Then it is just a touch screen computer running iOS and its apps. There could be an entirely different usage model for this -- point of sale devices, demonstrations to groups, or just image viewing. I don't see this as having the same appeal as the smaller devices, but it is still a tablet, a computer, and an iPad. I don't see a use for it for me, especially given what they will likely charge for it, but there may still be a need and a market. Apple is said to be looking more into corporate stuff and this device may even be useful in schools. Students come into a room and every desk has one of these built in....you can't pick it up and take it off, but you can use it for reading, interacting, and surfing the web. I don't think this has to be considered an alternative to a laptop, either.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a larger iPad for home the older I get, the worse off my eyes are. Each time I visit the eye doc I get a stronger prescription for my reading glasses. I even took in a fav old pair frames for stronger new lenses lol.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a larger iPad for home the older I get, the worse off my eyes are. Each time I visit the eye doc I get a stronger prescription for my reading glasses. I even took in a fav old pair frames for stronger new lenses lol.

And a lot of seniors have disposable cash to pay for such things, too.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And a lot of seniors have disposable cash to pay for such things, too.

Well, I wish this were the case for me, I just turned 49 so I have a lot more working years ahead of me unless I win lotto!! :)

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's piqued my interest. I have the mini and husband has the iPad2. The mini is great for travel. It is easy enough to swipe and enlarge but it really is easier to read something when I use his ipad. I'm in that older category with very bad vision.

I'd consider the 12.3 to use with my keyboard at the desk. I considered a MacBook. Don't think I want to sit with that on my lap. I love the freedom on a tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts