What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules of the iPad Games thread, please read before posting.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you for popping in here, the iPad Games section is specifically designed to discuss games, good and bad points. Its a good place to recommend a game you have played and really enjoyed.
However, if you want people to add you into their list of friends on a game, or you want to share gems or farm animals with each other use this thread below.

Friend Requests

The main thread is becoming full of friend requests and it takes hours to read through all these when looking for a good game to download.

Thanks for participating in this thread, without all of your invaluable information this section wouldn't exist.

Chris
IPF Team 

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi TheRambler, I just wanted to ask if a normal thread could be a sticky thread because I was planning of making "Request a Game Help" thread, I think I already have a wide knowledge in the iPad games so people can just ask here and the answer can be provided within a day or maybe 3 or just as soon as possible.

Oh and I also wanted to suggest to tell people of making use of the Search the Forum or Search the Thread function so a post with the same topic won't just be reposted again and again.

I also wanted to tell you that there's a number of people who haven't read this since Friend Request is everywhere in this are, or maybe they just don't see the big thread named "Friend Request", or maybe just too lazy?

I know I'm not in the position to tell these things but I just wanted to tell/ask.

Btw, thanks for the info.

EDIT:
I know a post maybe bumped into the top for frequent replies, but if there is no need for a help in game, it may just age and be not searched anymore since not that many people are that "hard-working" to look for a post, and they just make a new thread anyways.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@AllenSalar

Some good points there, but I'll leave Chris to address them since you directed your post to him.

Just want to let you know that, if you choose to, you can use your signature, up to 5 lines, to convey information.

Doing this, you can supply info, such as the location of the rules page, every time you post. You don't have to be a moderator to direct members to the rules and search facilities etc.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Some good points there, but I'll leave Chris to address them since you directed your post to him.
Oh I see, I'll just wait for some of my questions to have to be answered by him then, thanks though.

KevinJS said:
Just want to let you know that, if you choose to, you can use your signature, up to 5 lines, to convey information.
Oh yeah, although it would be kind of hard and not much noticeable, I'll just to have to work hard, and as I've read from the rules, I can redirect others as a suggestion in a post since it's still in the confinements of this forum. And maybe if it gets widely more known, it will be visited and used more often to bump it back to the top. Just to reduce a number of reposted posts, or just a thread of quick questions or help.

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
@ AllenSalar, sorry for the delay in replying, I've considered your request for a sticky thread and unfortunately I feel it's a none starter, for the very reason you have explained, the ability to lose certain questions within the mass of requests and replies.
The easiest way to find help on certain games is as you suggest, the search function, using this finds all the information within the forum. If this fails then within the games thread a request for help can be placed as a singular thread, the answer can be given within that thread and other questions regarding that game can be asked within that same thread. The information is then accessible by everyone on the forum, and the search function can still easily access this info when asked.

I hope this answers your question

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
laurelhallman said:
I just wanted to ask if a normal thread could be a sticky thread

Yes, any thread can be made a sticky however, there does need to be a compelling reason for this.

The Archangel

giaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.companions-game.com
hello Chris!

is it allowed to post a preview of our upcoming game and later a release post? I know I posted about our first game many years ago, but I don't want to be a spammer or something, so every info is appreciated. have a good time!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hello Chris!

is it allowed to post a preview of our upcoming game and later a release post? I know I posted about our first game many years ago, but I don't want to be a spammer or something, so every info is appreciated. have a good time!

Our rules state that no member may announce or advertise a free or paid app (or iBook).

The forum owners have removed the specific "App Announcement" category from this forum; it no longer exists. They have determined that members who wish to display and advertise their apps and games must be paying vendors or sponsors of this forum.

Therefore, please be aware that no app or game announcements may be created anywhere on this forum unless it is by a sponsor/vendor of this forum.

Although we will continue to have areas for app and game discussions, there is NO section of the forum for app announcements made by non-vendors/sponsors.

If you wish to be a paying sponsor/vendor, please use this e-mail address to start the process:

http://www.ipadforums.net/misc/contact

Thank you for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts