What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber Gasket Coming Out

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go get her! Yes, we are in exhalted air here! I noticed Tim is in the 4000’s

Wow, I just noticed mine is nearing 2000! When did that happen, I know I'm a newbie! But people keep telling me I'm not! I still don't get the technical stuff!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
See, now you know what a sleep-typist, as opposed to a sleep-walker is. You respond to iPF threads while sleeping ;)

Are you talking to Marie, DUMI. Cos if you are, I do understand the sleep typist problem, you even answer other people's comments! Hee hee. Yes, if it is me then yes, it must be in the morning when I am first awake and don't know what I'm doing. Not a morning girl.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've recently dropped my iPad 1 a few times, but no more than 1 foot high each time. There a few minor dents, none larger than a pencil tip. Around two of the corners, the rubber seal is beginning to curve outward. I'm not really worried about it coming out, but it is really starting to annoy me when I hold it. I've bought my iPad back in August 2010, and replaced it earlier this year with a refurbished one (because of screen damage to my first one). Since its been over a year, and I've never got any sort of extended warranty, and also since its an old ipad1, would apple do anything to fix it? Or is this just considered cosmetic damage and therefore not their problem? All I really want is for the rubber to be pushed back in.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would almost certainly be a refurb. I had cause for a change and was assured it was new. Very dubious I later quizzed the telephone helpline who eventually admitted it was a refurb and stores always say its a new unit. Makes sense, your old one will be repaired and given to someone else as a "new" one. I think their escape may be that is "new" to that customer.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My replacement was new. None of the standard marks on the box that indicate a refurb.

Sonicrobby - that's what happened to mine. Was within the one year warranty period though. You can always go to the Apple Store and give it a try.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
robertlc said:
My replacement was new. None of the standard marks on the box that indicate a refurb.

Sonicrobby - that's what happened to mine. Was within the one year warranty period though. You can always go to the Apple Store and give it a try.

I guess so, i entered my serial code on apple.com, It said my limited warranty is expired, but that i could pay for repairs, so im gonna go see what that would cost me. It's funny because I'm probably going to exact store you went to, the one at lakeside mall?

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess so, i entered my serial code on apple.com, It said my limited warranty is expired, but that i could pay for repairs, so im gonna go see what that would cost me. It's funny because I'm probably going to exact store you went to, the one at lakeside mall?

In Metairie? Then I guess so. I really didn't explain to the guy anything about what had happened. Just told him I noticed the gasket was coming out. He made the decision to replace it, no questions asked.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
In Metairie? Then I guess so. I really didn't explain to the guy anything about what had happened. Just told him I noticed the gasket was coming out. He made the decision to replace it, no questions asked.

Let us know how it goes.

Good customer service and keeps customers happy and coming back. Won't be giving out brand new items though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions