What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RSS reader with watch function

jdbutters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently bought an iPad. On my PC I use Feeddemon to aggregate RSS feeds on my industry and use the "watch" function to search all those feeds automatically for key words relevant to my work (a watch is effectively a saved search that runs automatically). You can have one watch for multiple keywords (e.g. "soybeans", "wheat" and "corn" are all in the same "agriculture" watch).

This seems an obvious thing for any business user to want but I can't find an iPad RSS reader with an equivalent function. Does anybody know of one?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can Feeddemon send out email notifications? If so then you could combine it with one of the push notification app/services. Here is a list the contains a couple. I've no experience with any of them, so you are on your own there.

Apps That Push You: iPad/iPhone Apps AppList

iOS 5 might fix the app side of things. You could just create a separate email address for Feeddemon to send to, add the account to Mail, and use the native notification system. It would need to be an account that supports Push.

urazyjazzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, does anyone know an app to search text within multiple pdf files.... Lets say 1000 pdf files in a folder... you have this function in windows version of adobe acrobat but not for IOS... It would be very helpful for my ipad 2 for sure....

Most reactions