What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router???

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Netgear Rangemax upstairs at my workstation. I have my iPad2 in my bedroom about 35 feet on the X axis and 12 feet on the Y axis....i have Chater bundled services. All the time I get "not connected". I stop/go to settings/log back on/then it happens all over again...do I need a better router? What's a better, long range router? Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Maemer- welcome to the forum! :)

You may need to provide some additional information: 1) Does your iPad connect to this router in the workstation room? 2) Do you have other Wi-Fi devices that can connect to the router in your bedroom? 3) Does your iPad connect to other Wi-Fi hotspots? and 4) What is located between the room of your workstation & bedroom, i.e. walls, floor, construction materials?

Finally, have you power recycled your modem/router? Answers to these questions may help others provide more specific advice - hope that we can help and good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts