What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router

gramm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting acquainted with my new iPad 2 and am having a problem with service, as I lose Internet service around 10am and 5 pm about everyday. I have HP desktop and a router for IPad. When I lose service, I have to reboot the router. This is getting very annoying. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Thanks,

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I was expecting to answer a poll since you put your question in the poll section. Hopefully people will see this and help you out.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Weird timing - :confused: I'm assuming that your iPad is connecting fine when your router is functioning? Just trying to make sure the issue is NOT w/ your iPad - have you connected to other Wi-Fi sites on your iPad w/o a problem?

So, if your iPad can be eliminated as an issue, then the problem appears to be w/ your router and/or your ISP (Internet Service Provider) - before trying to 'guess' the problem, you might want to provide some more information, e.g. what router (brand/model) are you using, is this your home router or do you share it w/ others, where are you located and who is your ISP?

Please respond and hopefully suggestions can be given; also, I would check w/ your ISP about the timing of your outings, i.e. could this be a 'bad' router, too many on the web at those times, or other issues? Not sure - but post back & good luck!

Wpeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You really have not provided enough information to help you through this, but let me try to steer you in the right direction based on some of your comments.
1. did the problem exist before you got the iPad?
2. Do you loose connectivity when working from the desktop?
3. Have you looked at the logs on the router before you rebooted it?
4. What happens during the timeframes you mentioned that could cause the problem you mentioned?

I'd start with what was a known good state with your older equipment and figure out what is different that would cause the router to reboot. If your ISP provided the device I'd get back to them to run some tests otherwise I'd monitor the router from my desktop to see what is going on.

Chalicemedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chalicemedia.com
Most current routers have a configuration option for scheduled maintenance reboots. Since your downtimes are consistent it might be something to check. When it comes back up, it could be clearing DHCP settings and your devices need to acquire new IPs.

Most reactions

Latest posts