What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotating wallpapers that rotate with ipad

TheChemist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are several aps and themes that allow you to have several wallpapers in rotation. However, are there any that allow the images to rotate with the iPad when you move it around?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you asking for a wallpaper that moves as you move the iPad?....not sure iPad is capable of this...but you can check out "you gotte see this" in the app store that creates those type of images with the ipad2 camera/gyroscope....

OP
T

TheChemist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know how normal wallpapers move vertical and horizontally depending on how you're holding the iPad. I want that capability with revolving wallpapers such as the apples backgrounds theme and the boss paper app for example.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure what you are asking for? iPad wallpapers should be 1024 x 1024 so that they can effectively be rotated (longest edge matching depending on orientation)
Do you mean that a 1024 x 768 wallpaper should be dynamically resized when the rotation is switched? That would result in some very ugly stretching and squashing. Am I not understanding what you are looking for???

OP
T

TheChemist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'm still not sure what you are asking for? iPad wallpapers should be 1024 x 1024 so that they can effectively be rotated (longest edge matching depending on orientation)
Do you mean that a 1024 x 768 wallpaper should be dynamically resized when the rotation is switched? That would result in some very ugly stretching and squashing. Am I not understanding what you are looking for???

No matter the size of a wallpaper, iPad automatically revolves it depending how you hold it. If you hold it vertically the wallpapers and icons will be vertical; if you hold it horizontally the wallpaper and icons will be horizontal.

My problem, however, is when I set it to have more than one wallpaper (meaning I have 2 wallpapers for example that change every 30 seconds) the wallpaper stays stuck on vertical. The icons still do what they're supposed to, but the wallpaper stays put. I want to fix this using either the theme "apple backgrounds" (a theme that allows you to use more than one wallpaper) or boss paper (an app that does the same as the former). If ere is another theme, app, or way to get this fixed I want to know. That's the point of the thread.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh, OK, I see. Both of those packages are for the iPhone originally and don't, as far as I can see, have iPad support. Therefore, they expect the springboard to be static and not rotate like the iPhone. No fix that I am aware of. Sorry.

OP
T

TheChemist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. I was hoping maybe for an HTML fix of some kind. But thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts