rooCase??

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Flybob, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Flybob

Flybob iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody on this site have experience with the rooCase?

2. farny

farny iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no i have no experience about this site

3. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I had a roocase- LOVED it!! Anything in particular you want to know?

4. cherapin

cherapin iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Never used it . I had a case from Beftcase which was nice.

5. 5er driver

5er driver iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The Roo Case Slim Fit Folio looks exactly like the Kensington Slim Fit Folio that I have for my iPad 3. They are probably made by the same manufacturer. Anyways, no complaints at all about my Kensington so I would imagine the Roo case is just as good. Buy it, and if not satisfied, return it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

6. plg3

plg3 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Both my wife and I have the rooCase (she has an iPad 2 and I have the iPad 3). We both use the "rooCASE Convertible Premium Leather (Black) Case Cover with 24 Angle Adjustable Stand for Apple iPad 2 / iPad 3 / The new iPad" (as described by Amazon). It is well made and I really like the stand function - very sturdy, especially in the lap. I bought the rooCase immediately when i got my iPad 3. Unfortunately, no one knew that Apple had switched the "sleep" magnet and as a result, the case I received did not put my iPad 3 to sleep (as it did on my wife's iPad.) Well, I worked along with the case using the power button to put my iPad to sleep until several weeks ago. I decided then to do a "battery-ectomy" and I "carefully" cut out the embedded magnet in the cover and replaced it with a button magnet. I actually used two magnets to give the closed cover more "wiggle room" when closed before the iPad wakes up (hope that makes sense.) Cover works just fine now. The only down side I can find about the cover is that it's not the lightest cover around but that's not a worry for me; I just shove it in my backpack and I'm off.

7. Sonia ferdous

Sonia ferdous iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I like this case but true to say it seem too bulky for me. That’s why I don’t use this case.

8. Flybob

Flybob iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went ahead and purchased the rooCase convertible and so far, it is great. It's a little heavy and bulky but really protects the IPAD.
    I like the way it stands and also the feature that allows you to detach the inner part and use the IPAD in the vertical mode if you wish.