What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll Back iOs 9.1.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 3 is responding like molasses and many times I can't even exit an app by pressing the top button. And double presses often do not work as they should.

I suspect I know the answer, but I will ask anyway: can I roll back to 8.0 without having made previous provisions for doing so?

Apparently running iOS 9 on my iPad 3 is like dropping a Corvette engine into a VW!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only software signed by Apple right now is 9.1. So it's not possible to revert to any other iOS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you update to iOS 9.1 OTA? If so, you could connect to iTunes on your computer and restore your iPad. This would install a fresh copy of iOS 9.1 on your iPad and restore it to factory condition. Before starting, make a full backup of your iPad and use that backup to set up your newly restored iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts