What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rim has sold 250,000 playbooks, should apple be worried?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though 250,000 is impressive i say no. I dont expect playbook sales to maintain thst strong.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the Playbook will do well but the IPad is going to remain on top.

brad4120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used both (my brother in law has the playbook). As a blackberry user myself (yes I have to admit it), I find some features handy, but they are still a long way to being as versatile. Having said that, I did like the fact that some of the websites that I use frequently work with the playbook simply because of Flash. I wish there was a way to use the features of Flash on my I Pad. Perhaps one day....

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the fact that Apple is building 4 million iPads a month (estimated based on news comments) and they still cannot supply the back orders world wide 250,000 is a drop in the bucket. The RIM product will appeal to Blackberry users as they do make great phones and if the iPad was not around nor the iPhone I would consider one. I am a past user of 4 Blackberry phones until the iPhone was released so I can understand that some people will buy the product as Rim makes good products.
Apple won't even blink at 250, 000

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The bigger question.."why are you worried?" :p

doesnt matter who sells..ipad is a hit..blockbuster in fact..so just enjoy it!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a RIM user. Why, becuase my boss pays the phonebill. If he wouldn't my wife would never have gotten my Iphone.

Sorry, but BB does not even come close to an Iphone and I dare to state that neither does any other product compared to Apple. They are way ahead and the moment the competition feels they are getting close Apple comes out with a new surprise.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Even though 250,000 is impressive i say no. I dont expect playbook sales to maintain thst strong.

As long as their competitors are still playing catchup, sales numbers would be the least of Apple's worries. If I were Apple I'd be focussed on what my future product offerings are, which would enable me to stay ahead.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea... I dont think thats really a threat since apple hit Millions in the first week...

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I believe the original iPad took about four weeks to reach the million sales mark. And that was with millions of people who already had an iPhone or iPod touch who already had software that would run on their iPad.

Apple also had many years work in building the iPad before it became what it was a year ago.

What RIM has done is impressive for a product that has only been in development for a year. Every thing Apple got wrong, RIM got right. The challenge for RIM is that Apple didn't get very much wrong.

By providing people with what Apple won't (Flash, 7" form factor) and besting Apple with things that are "nice to have" (near Retina display quality, 1080p output, two excellent cameras), they can carve out a profitable place in the market.

You don't have to be number one to make a ton of money in an emerging market.

Most reactions

Latest posts