What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richard Branson To Launch iPad Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Yahoo News reports that British tycoon Richard Branson, head of the Virgin empire, is planning to unveil a digital magazine specially made for the iPad at a press conference in New York City next Tuesday. So far the magazine is only known by “Projectâ€, which probably isn’t its real name, they’ll be unveiling that by some exciting means at the press conference no doubt. Back in July it was called Maverick, but it looks like that name has been ditched. In the invitations sent out to the press for the event, Branson said that the magazine’s themes would include entertainment, travel, business, design and international culture.

Branson’s announcement follows hot on the heels that Rupert Murdoch and Steve Jobs have been working together to create a new iPad-only newspaper, and The Guardian, also covering the story, even goes as far as to say that the two iPad publications will be rivals, and that by announcing the new magazine in New York, Branson is jockeying for position on Murdoch’s own territory. Intriguing stuff indeed! We’ll know more next Tuesday.

Source: Branson launching digital magazine for iPad - Yahoo! News

darrenwagstaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Branson's inspiration

Not everything turns to Gold that Sir Richard touches, but not far off.

It's a great endoursement of iPad that he recognises the importance of how it features in the world today.

There's always alot that can be learned from RB. I do consider him a bit of a hero of mine. I've even flown to Canada in 2009 just to attend one of his talks (well worth the trip). I've even heard he's doing a talk in London on or around July 2nd or at least that's the info I found at NationalAchieversCoupon.com

I do admire the drives of Murdoch and Jobs, but the dedication of Richard Branson for making a difference in the Environment and his meetings with the 'Elders' for making a difference in people's lives and communities sets him a world apart.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go Beardy

Not everything turns to Gold that Sir Richard touches, but not far off.

It's a great endoursement of iPad that he recognises the importance of how it features in the world today.

There's always alot that can be learned from RB. I do consider him a bit of a hero of mine. I've even flown to Canada in 2009 just to attend one of his talks (well worth the trip). I've even heard he's doing a talk in London on or around July 2nd or at least that's the info I found at NationalAchieversCoupon.com

I do admire the drives of Murdoch and Jobs, but the dedication of Richard Branson for making a difference in the Environment and his meetings with the 'Elders' for making a difference in people's lives and communities sets him a world apart.

I would take a look, would depend on the content though. If it has a decent "Techi" section, I might even subscribe :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys should check the date... It was last year... The magazine app is called "project" and has been available for a while now... Quite cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts