What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rich Text E-Mail from Ipad? Is it possible?

chijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This topic has probably been discussed several times before, but I cannot seem to find anything conclusive using the search function...

I cannot figure out how to maintain rich text formatting for my e-mail on the iPad. I am using a Google account and have tried both logging into Gmail though Safari and using the IMAP settings in Mail.

Both ways I lose all formatting and revert to plain text on outgoing messages. Is there any way to preserve the format of e-mails?

Thanks in Advance :confused:

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think if you create a rich text (HTML) message is a word processing program and cut/paste it to the IMAP client, the formatting will be retained.

OP
C

chijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply - I will give it a shot. I cannot believe that more people do not have an issue with this...

I don't necessarily need special fonts or colors, but it would be nice if it didn't turn quoted text into unformatted gibberish.

cfries

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can create a rich text mail (i.e. an HTML mail) by some third party apps. For example mine:
- HTML Mail Editor
- Mailer
- Mailer Lite

You may also try
- Markdown Mail

Most reactions