What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: Padacs Executive Leather iPad Case

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The first thing you notice when you take the Padacs iPad case out of its box is the gorgeous smell of the leather! The case itself comes beautifully boxed and packaged, wrapped in a plastic bag, extra cardboard and a polystyrene pad for even more support. They even include one of those leather patches to show you how good the leather is! I don’t think that even my iPad itself came packaged this nicely! It’s the little touches like this that really make you feel like you’re getting a special, bespoke product. You feel like you’re giving yourself and your iPad a treat.

To start using the case, all you need to do is slide your iPad inside, where it’s completely protected by the plush, anti-slip all-leather interior. Looking round the edges I can see that I have complete access to all necessary ports and switches. The front flap of the case is magnetic, so it always closes flush with the edge. The case has some weight to it, but it’s not bulky, nothing really sticks out, so again it feels very sleek to hold in your hands.

As far as protecting your iPad goes, you’ll forgive me if I don’t do some sort of test of dropping on the floor! I would think that it would cushion your iPad somewhat if you dropped it, although the outer corners are a little exposed. What I like about it is how easy it is to just close the flap to protect your iPad’s screen when you’re not using it, and I particularly like the way I can charge it inside the case, so I feel like it’s always protected.

The case has a rear clip for when you want to either stand your iPad upright and use it as a viewing screen, or lay it horizontally at at the perfect angle for typing on the iPad keyboard. Again, performing both actions is very easy, you simply have to bend the front flap back and insert it in the rear clip, then turn your iPad round to the correct position. I’ve been looking for a while for something that props my iPad up at the right angle for typing on my lap in a comfy chair, and this does the job perfectly.

My one small caveat would be for you to be extra sure that you want this style of folio case before you get it, as it’s not the sort of case that you can be slipping your iPad in and out of all the time like you would with a sleeve, for example. Basically it works best if you’re someone who likes to keep your iPad in its case all the time, that seems to be what it’s designed for. The inner flap that holds your iPad securely in place doesn’t pull out particularly easy, it takes a couple of tugs, obviously because it’s holding your iPad firmly in place, so you won’t want to be pulling it in and out all day long as it’s quite a snug fit.

There’s no doubt about it, the Padacs Executive Leather iPad Case certainly feels like a sumptuous luxury item, hence the price, but you really do feel like you’re protecting your iPad with a quality product, which is also not just a gorgeous object, but very functional too. If this is the style of case you’re looking for, then I recommend it highly.

You can get the cases for $53.95 from www.padacs.com, where they’re available in either tan or black. They also have other cases available, but these are the top of the range if you’re looking for something a bit special to both protect your iPad and show it off a little at the same time.

Last edited:

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to be crabby. But I think protection the corners in case of a drop, is pretty important. If a cat always lands on its feet, an iPad always lands on its corner.

Other then that its a beautiful case and smells good too!

Most reactions

Latest posts