What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to home page

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am sure that the answer to my query is here somewhere but I don't know what to ask. All of a sudden my iPad is playing up. As I am typing now it started off really slow as though it could it could not keep up with me. Then it will be okay but the major problem is more strange. I will try and explain so please have patience, every time over the last two days I have been say on FB and wanted to share or pm someone and as soon as I have started my page has gone blank for a second or two and then returned to my homepage where my apps are. I thought it was a FB problem butIt has happened with other things too. I have not got a clue what is happening. Can you also see on here the text is not wrapping round as it always did. Please help me my IPad is the light of my live. I am going away next week and want it working properly because I need to keep in touch for family reasons. Thank you.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like an "out of memory" condition.

Quickest way to get everything going as normal is to reboot. Press and hold home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release. When the iPad restarts, it should operate properly.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, slightly better, where do I check my memory and what should I look for. Many thanks I ain't no techno lol

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to check your memory. Memory management on the iPad is completely automatic. However, some apps (and FaceBook is probably the worst culprit) seem to reserve large amounts of memory, and storage, for themselves and refuse to let go of it.

Closing them down so that they are not sitting in the background is the only way to get your memory back.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Closing them down so that they are not sitting in the background is the only way to get your memory back.

Okay sounds good, but how the chuff do I do that. After every session on my iPad I press the home button and cluck the cluck on every thing I have open at TG bottom of my screen. Other than that I haven't a clue what you mean

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, you are already closing apps in the recent apps list?

In that case, uninstalling apps that are acting up is probably next on the agenda. I'd start with FaceBook, and see if that helps.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I have a problem, I don't use FB through the app cos I don't use it. I go onto their webpage through google if you understand what I mean

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, try clearing cookies etc.

Settings/Safari/Clear Cookies and Data.

That might help.

Most reactions

Latest posts