What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return itunes accoun to free account

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes account used to have a credit card attached to it this has expired and I no longer want. Paid account. How do I make it free again cause even when I go to download a free app it prompts me the card info is wrong and to update it cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes requires some form of payment facility - either from a credit card or from a Gift Card - even for free apps. So the easiest way forward would be to purchase the minimum cost Gift Card and register it with the account. Then it will no longer request your credit card details because it will see the credit from the Gift Card. But that credit will remain untouched if you only ever 'purchase' free apps.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you choose credit card "none" on the payment screen? I can

-t

OP
drich290195

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No their is no option for none which is weird has urs never had a card registered

bdpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When country/ region name is absent in the account information tab

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not possible, neither in iCloud nor in the Apple ID, if a credit card is used for payment. The only possibility is to do this in iTunes on the computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts