What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrieving PDFs

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using DocScan to capture PDFs on my iPad Air. I would like to be able to download (MOVE) all the files in the iPad onto my PC but I can't locate them.
Can I do this?
How do I do it?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I looked over Doc Scan by IFUNPLAY's description in the App Store. If this is the app you are using it looks like the only export options are cloud based (DropBox, Google Drive, Box, etc) and WebDAV (a local network file sharing protocol). If you know how (or are willing to research) setting up WebDAV on your PC, then you could use that.

If you use DropBox or Box, you can set up their app on your computer. Storing the PDF's in the cloud from your iPad will automaticallys sync them to the DropBox/Box folder on your computer. You can leave them there, or move/copy to another folder on the computer.

If you use iCloud Drive with DocScan, then your files should be accessible on the icloud.com site in your computer's browser.

You could also, probably, use iTunes on the computer to copy files to/from Doc Scan using your Lightning/USB cable. I don't really recommend this method. iTunes is overly complicated and doesn't always behave itself in Windows.

I use Scanner Pro by Readdle. It is similar to your app, but includes a Wi-Fi network option that lets you copy files to/from your computer over the local network. When you turn it on, the app give you an IP address that you enter into the URL/Search field of your computer browser. You'll get an file UI in the browser. This is what I was hoping for when I looked at the description of Doc Scan, but if they have the feature it's not mentioned.

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, twerpoet.

I bearded the Lion in his Den (i.e. contacted DocScan). The following is a summary of their advice (which was, eventually, successful).

1) WiFi file sharing:
Go to app settings > turn on WiFi file sharing and then use web browser to access PDF files from any other device.
Use a web browser to open the URL, http://<the ip address shown in your WiFi file sharing>

2) iTunes file sharing:
Go to app settings > “iTunes file sharing”, and then tap on “Generate PDFs” button.
Connect your iOS device to your computer using the included a USB cable or WiFi.
Launch iTunes on your computer.
Select your device from the Devices section of iTunes.
Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Under the File Sharing section, you'll find a list of apps currently installed on your iOS device that support File Sharing.
Select DocScan to view a list of the files on your device.

WiFi: you need to let your device with PC on the same Local Area Network (LAN) to use the WiFi file sharing.

iTunes File Sharing: please check this out iTunes File Sharing

Not sure why it didn’t work you.

Could you please reboot your iPad and run DocScan HD > its settings turn WiFi off and on again?

Please check this out About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I guess that's the answer if someone else posts the same problem.

Keep up the good work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Awesome.

The WiFi sharing opiton is the same thing as the Wi-Fi Network sharing I mentioned when talkin abou Scanner Pro. I'm glad it's available. If it's mentioned in DocScan's description I somehow missed it.

Most reactions