What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RetinaPad Crashes - iOS5

inter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm running the tethered iOS5 jailbreak on my iPad 1. I purchased RetinaPad last weekend, but unfortunately after installing it I haven't been able to get it to work for me. I've followed the instructions as suggested, but both games I've tried (Squids and Mr. Aaah!) crash almost immediately after being opened. I researched a fair amount, but the most common issue I found people having was a result of having Winterboard installed (and this was on iOS4), which I do not. I emailed the dev a week ago in hopes of finding a solution, but unfortunately haven't heard anything back yet.

Is RetinaPad just not yet compatible with iOS5 (pretty sure it is) or is there something else I can try to get this working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions provided!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RetinaPad is compatible with IOS5. I have it working myself.

However, the thing to realise is that RetinaPad is not guaranteed to be compatible with all iPhone apps. This seems especially true for games. The text in Cydia explains it has support for "most" apps and games.

It tries it's best to work its magic and make an iPhone app look good under 2x magnification on the iPad, but it does not always work. If I remember correctly there were a lot of folks complaining about the same thing with Angry Birds using RetinaPad.

If you are sure you followed the instructions correctly (make sure you quit the game after starting it and applying RetinaPad settings the first time you use it), then it's probably just that those games are not supported. You have done the right thing contacting Ryan. I'm sure he will get round to adding support for them if he can at sometime in the future.

Also, to be clear, your problems are not related to those who were having problems with Winterboard. This is because those users were using a pirated version of RetinaPad, which you have stated you are not. So don't waste any time looking at those threads for solutions. They won't provide you with any.

Hope that helps!

OP
I

inter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks for the quick response!

By chance, is there a list of RetinaPad compatible apps anywhere that I can use to do a little further testing?

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Retina has caused me a problem recently,see post TomTom above.

Steve B

Most reactions

Latest posts