What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

retina display overload my eyes :)

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well folks, I just noticed one thing. When I'm playing games on Asus TF 700 I have no problems with my eyes and my vision after the game. It is top class for HD screen.
But after just 15 minutes playing 3D games on my iPad 4, I have shadows in the front of my eyes and sometimes blur in some points. Definitely too much pixels overload my eyes.
Anyone else have the same experience as I have?

Sent from my iPad 4

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What kind of screen brightness are you using?

OP
MILJAN

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What kind of screen brightness are you using?

It's set to "auto".Never to high..i know why you asking, but it's nothing to do with brightness i think..

Sent from my iPad 4

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it still doesn't work then it's problem with the game graphics.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it still doesn't work then it's problem with the game graphics.

Or this user is somehow sensitive to the iPad's retina screen.....weird things sometimes happen.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Retina Screen is just a slang term in the Apple community that apple uses. The difference between the Asus and the iPad 4 is 40 pixels per inch.

I think it's the brightness ;)

OP
MILJAN

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I play games at 30% brightness or lower.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I set the brightness on 30 percent but it's still the same situation and only when I played 3D games.

Sent from my iPad 4

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I set the brightness on 30 percent but it's still the same situation and only when I played 3D games.

Curious....I have an iPad 3 and had a TF700...I never had a problem. Had a Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Same deal. Now have a Nexus 10...once again, same deal. The screens are very similar. For me. Maybe your eyes or your iPad is somehow different. Hard to know...

OP
MILJAN

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Curious....I have an iPad 3 and had a TF700...I never had a problem. Had a Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Same deal. Now have a Nexus 10...once again, same deal. The screens are very similar. For me. Maybe your eyes or your iPad is somehow different. Hard to know...

Maybe I am just getting older :) 40 now And I am not getting younger :) Probably something with my eyes. The only doubt is the TF 700-have no issue. Folks, thank you for your replies.

Sent from my iPad 4

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have Apple Retina Display Overload Syndrome a very serious condition. I suggest you make an appointment with a Genius at your nearest Apple store and see if they can fix your eyes I mean they're called Genius for a reason huh ;) :D

OP
MILJAN

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
You have Apple Retina Display Overload Syndrome a very serious condition. I suggest you make an appointment with a Genius at your nearest Apple store and see if they can fix your eyes I mean they're called Genius for a reason huh ;) :D

Well you talk me to. I'm going to run into Apple store right now. I wanna iPad with smaller resolution . Maybe iPad mini .....Man you are a genius ;) Seriously, only reason for this thread is that I need opinion off others people using high resolution tablet..

Sent from my iPad 4

Last edited:

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you seen an optometrist? Seriously. The screen is bright and sharp. That's why I got this one, over my first generation. To compensate for fading aging eyesight, an astigmatism, and the faint lingering and changing cataract in my right eye. All things that were there before, but never were a problem for me, that I couldn't unconsciously compensate for.

Now that I wear my glasses much more, my eye fatigue from iPad use is far far less.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
MILJAN said:
Well you talk me to. I'm going to run into Apple store right now. I wanna iPad with smaller resolution . Maybe iPad mini .....Man you are a genius ;) Seriously, only reason for this thread is that I need opinion off others people using high resolution tablet..

Sent from my iPad 4

Have you tried playing games under different light conditions? Ambient vs., room lights on?

Also try holding the iPad at different distances away from you. An inch or two plus or minus could make a difference.

Finally, I play Need For Speed "Most Wanted"
on iPad 2 and must admit I begin to have eye fatigue after 20 - 30 minutes. I'm 56 and wear eye bifocals.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts