What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restrictionshas a password?_?

Reaction score
Ok i hope this is the right forum for this question anyway restrictions has a seperate password which i hav no idea what it is; i turned off my pass word from regular to simple and them i just turned my password off bcause i didnt need my password anymore bcause i wasnt in that house any more and now restrictios has its own seperated password i ;must have seem tohave forgot it how can i reset the restrictions password only

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you can change it without knowing the old one. You may need to restore the iPad as "New" in iTunes. Make sure to back up everything FIRST. Once restored as "new" you'll need to manually put ALL your stuff back on.
It's ALOT of work.

Check the Support section on the apple site before doing all that, just in case there's a different way.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read a few times where you can find the restrictions password in a specific location in your backup file. Perhaps you can locate this information with some google searching.

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
ok so I restored this iPad and the restrictios pass word is still there is did not work all that work for none thing and I did set up as a new ipad

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The password is part of your backup. Restoring it from a backup restores the password as well.

Initializing as new is the only way to remove it if you cannot remember it or read it from the backup file with a backup reading utility.

Most reactions

Latest posts