What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restrictions

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I currently have these set to disabled. Should I enable them? Not sure what to do.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, let me consult my 'crystal ball' - please provide a LOT more detailed on what your have disabled, what you want/need to enable, and what iOS is installed on your devices. ;) Dave
2013-real-estate-crystal-ball.jpg

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, now who said that?

Settings/General/Restrictions/Enable Restrictions is off

Vers 8.1

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, now who said that?

Settings/General/Restrictions/Enable Restrictions is off

Well, sorry but really not meant in that way at all - provided a little winky even - more information is always useful.

Restrictions, Parental Controls, etc. are certainly useful if you do not want others having access to certain aspects of your iPad, such as iTunes or the App Store, i.e. you can restrict such access and setup passwords, if desired. I have no kids at home and am the only one using my iPad, so not an issue for me; but check out the following Link1 & Link2 for some more discussion and comments - good luck. Dave :)

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a problem, mine was written, tongue in cheek.

No one else uses my iPad so I guess I can leave them safely disabled. Will have a look at the links you kindly posted.

Thanks for the help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have restrictions enabled, but all the individual settings are off. My reason? Simple, by setting the restriction passcode myself I make it impossible for anyone else to pick up my iPad and set it for me.

Since I'm the only user of the iPad, it's a completely theoretical precaution; but if there is a chance you'll ever leave your iPad in use by some other, unsupervised, person, you might want to consider this. They don't have to be malicious, just curious.

Of course, if you forget what passcode you set you'll be no better off than if they set it for you, and forgot.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You probably don't need restrictions if you live alone, aren't prone to buying things you don't want, and your iPad never leaves your house. However, if there's the slightest chance it could be misplaced, stolen, or used by someone else, then it should have a passcode set and Find My iPhone enabled; not the same thing as Restrictions, but somewhat related.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do have a simple passcode set. Thanks

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Restrictions can be a life saver, but I just turn it on when I let someone else borrow it.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Judicious restriction of location services and background refresh can improve privacy and battery life.

Most reactions

Latest posts