What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring without losing jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad is booting rather slowly and sometimes needs a forced shutdown and restart before it'll get off the Apple logo. So, what's the best way to deal with it without losing the jailbreak? I researched and found a tool on Cydia that can partially restore while keeping the jailbreak, but not everyone could get it to work. Is it worth trying? Is there another way to go about it? Or something else that might fix it without the need to restore? Or am I stuck restoring and then rejailbreaking?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To start, there is no way to restore and re-jailbreak the iPad. If you restore it, you will have to use iOS 8.4.1 and that iOS version is not jailbreakable.

There is a tool called "Cydia Impactor" (written by Cydia owner Jay Freeman, aka "saurik"). He has written it to work on iOS versions 8.1 to 8.4 [only]. It wipes everything off the device, so it's a way of starting "fresh" while still keeping the jailbreak. You'll still be on the iOS you started with, but it may help.

Last, if you wish, you can give us a list of the tweaks and sources you currently have installed on your iPad. Maybe there are some that the community know cause issue(s).

Hopefully, some of this will be of help.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd boot into No Substrate mode to see if it's a tweak compatibility issue, that way you can narrow down which tweak it is prior to a pseudo factory reset as Marilyn pointed out above so that you won't end up installing the tweak again and repeating the same scenario

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a tool called "Cydia Impactor" (written by Cydia owner Jay Freeman, aka "saurik"). He has written it to work on iOS versions 8.1 to 8.4 [only]. It wipes everything off the device, so it's a way of starting "fresh" while still keeping the jailbreak. You'll still be on the iOS you started with, but it may help.

Where would one find that tool? I just searched the packages I have downloaded into Cydia and it did not come up.

OP
Q

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have: War Dragons Cheats, Jurassic Park Builder cheats (although I should get rid of it, it doesn't seem to work), Browser Changer, Activator, Piracy tweak , Applist, Piracy tweak, BigBoss Icon set, the Cydia stuff, Filza, Ifile, Piracy tweak, Piracy tweak, Patych, Repo Icons, Substrate Safe Mode, Taig, XSellize security.

Repositories:
Piracy repo
Best Cydia Sources
BigBoss
Cydia/Telesphoro
Piracy repo
Piracy repo
Piracy repoPiracy repo

In-Appstore.com Cydia repository
Piracy repo
Mashitek repo
Modmyi
repo666.ultrasn0w.com
Piracy repoPiracy repo
ZodTTD&MacCiti

Anything in those lists known to cause issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We won't help you here. This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

What I will do is tell you that if you remove all the,piracy tweaks and repos you have, your iPad will run much, much better.

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts