What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring my Ipad

Stormwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, i'm having a bit of difficulty now. I've managed to corrupt Cydia in some way. Every time i go in a source and select an app, it's empty. I found from searching that the only solution is to restore seeing as i don't have SSH installed, but the problem is getting to 6.1.2 again without going to 7. I dislike the IOS 7 with every fiber of my being.

OP
S

Stormwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Ipad 3 wifi. I hadn't even heard of blobs before yesterday, and used Tinyumbrella now to save them, but i don't know if that is too late.

OP
S

Stormwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting error 3194 even though i have deleted any references to apple in my hosts file.

Think i had that one confused. Some tutorial says delete and another wants you to have the gs.apple thing present. I added it now, but still 3194. This **** isn't worth the calories. Just problems, problems and not a damn ****ing solution. No guides work.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting error 3194 even though i have deleted any references to apple in my hosts file.
Which firmware are you trying to restore your iPad with? Error 3194 is the result of trying to use an incompatible firmware. The only firmware you can use is the latest, for iOS 7.0.4.

If you follow every step in the tutorial I linked to exactly, you will end up with a properly functioning iPad on the latest iOS version.

The tutorial hasn't been updated for a while, but if you make sure that your computer is running the latest version of iTunes and you have downloaded the proper iOS 7.0.4 firmware file for your device, the tutorial will work.

Here's a tutorial on resolving the 3194 error. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html

You can obtain the proper firmware download for your iPad 3 by going to this thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Last edited:
OP
S

Stormwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, i'm not interested in IOS 7.0.4 Is there no way to restore mine to IOS 6?

And i have tried correct firmware for my Ipad. Tried both "iPad3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw" and "iPad3,1_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw"

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have Ipad 3 wifi. I hadn't even heard of blobs before yesterday, and used Tinyumbrella now to save them, but i don't know if that is too late.
It is too late, blobs for any iOS version can only be saved while Apple is still signing that particular iOS version. Right now, Apple is only signing iOS 7.0.4, with the exception of legacy devices which cannot be upgraded to the current iOS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, i'm not interested in IOS 7.0.4 Is there no way to restore mine to IOS 6?

And i have tried correct firmware for my Ipad. Tried both "iPad3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw" and "iPad3,1_6.1_10B141_Restore.ipsw"
Those are not the correct firmware files, the only ones that will work for your iPad are the ones for iOS 7.0.4. There is, unfortunately, no way around this; you cannot restore your iPad to anything but iOS 7.0.4.

This is the correct firmware download for your iPad. http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS7/031-1815.20131114.P3wE4/iPad3,1_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore.ipsw

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts