What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring my iPad from a backup

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I reset my iPad back to factory defaults and restore it from the backup made with iTunes on my PC (the computer I sync with for updates and stuff) is there anything that does not get restored from the backup? Will I have all my apps, purchased and free? What about the data that may have been entered in an app, like a todo list or dates in the calendar?

Thanks

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:
If I reset my iPad back to factory defaults and restore it from the backup made with iTunes on my PC (the computer I sync with for updates and stuff) is there anything that does not get restored from the backup? Will I have all my apps, purchased and free? What about the data that may have been entered in an app, like a todo list or dates in the calendar?

Thanks

I believe everything will restore without problems.

One exception, that I know of, is Bakery Story, Restaurant Story and probably the other Storm 8 / Team Lava games.
They are device specific ( linked to the device it's played on). I found that out the hard way and lost all of my progress.
Needless to say I just deleted the apps on my iPad2 and quit playing them ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts