What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

restoring ipad functions

AlanDKimber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Experienced some problems re Safari over the last couple of days so decided to hook up my ipad 1 to my mac mini and restore the software. Its still trying to back up the software after two hours and won't let my cancel! Is it safe to manually disconnect and try again, or is there something else I should try?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have disconnected before iTunes finished whatever was taking so long. I found I had to do a reset on the iPad before iTunes would start a new session, but all went well when I started a new back-up. Also I think a reset will solve the Safari problem. To reset hold the home and sleep buttons until the apple appears. If you don't know, you can close programs by double clicking the home button, then holding an app in the now showing bottom row until it jiggles. Now you tap the minus to completely close the app(s).

Most reactions

Latest posts