What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring but keeping 4.2.1

Drizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had read up for ages about Jailbreaking then got to the point where i was going to bite the bullet but restore was going to update me :( Do i have to wait for the untethered greenpois0n 4.3 or can i restore and keep 4.2.1?

Thanks for helping a scared newbie to the JB lark....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your questions about jail breaking - I'm sure you'll get lots of answers soon. It's a world-wide Forum, so - taking into account Time Zones - you may need to wait a little while...

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

Drizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated :)

liverpoolluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
untethered jb on 4.3.1 is working fine, if it's your first time jump right in and take a look, 4.3.1 has some programs that just don't work tho

if your ipad is on 4.2.1 and it's factory firmware the only way the "restore" the ipad without updating to 4.3.1 is to erase all files in the ipad settings, if of course you have previously j/b the ipad you need to have the shsh blob in order to restore the 4.2.1 via itunes

OP
D

Drizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
untethered jb on 4.3.1 is working fine, if it's your first time jump right in and take a look, 4.3.1 has some programs that just don't work tho

if your ipad is on 4.2.1 and it's factory firmware the only way the "restore" the ipad without updating to 4.3.1 is to erase all files in the ipad settings, if of course you have previously j/b the ipad you need to have the shsh blob in order to restore the 4.2.1 via itunes

See thats where you've lost me, I've no idea what that means lol. Ive researched green pois0n and when I downloaded it it was the rc6 not the apparent rc7 needed for 4.3??

kingchicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have your SHSH Blobs saved on 4.2.1 you can upgrade to 4.3.1 and run the jailbreak. With saved blobs you can downgrade to 4.2.1 if you want. Personally I gave 4.3.1 a run but found a lot of the Cydia apps I use are not compliant on 4.3.1 so I downgraded back.

You can use Tiny Umbrella to back up and restore. Google tiny umbrella. should be first link shown.

Most reactions

Latest posts